Do you think you may be entitled to free school meals for your child?
Please check the criteria. You can either contact Mrs. Flynn confidentially in the school office or apply directly to Oldham council at http://www.oldham.gov.uk/schoolmeals. For every child in receipt of free school meals school can receive £1300 worth of funding for intervention, small group work, additional support and tuition, but we can’t be awarded this funding without families claiming what they are entitled to. For more information on what we spend such funding on, please see our Pupil Premium information.
You can get free school meals if your child attends a local authority maintained school (not private) and you receive one of the following:
· Income Support (IS)
· Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
· An income-related employment and support allowance
· Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
· Child Tax Credit (provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) that does not exceed the current year’s level
· Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
· Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after your employment finished, or after you start to work less than 16 hours per week.
· You, as the parent or guardian, must Receive Child Benefit for the child you are responsible for.
· Children who receive IS or IBJSA in their own right are also entitled to receive free school meals.
· Children who receive “education suitable for children who have not attained compulsory school age” will still need to satisfy the additional requirement of “receiving education both before and after the lunch period”, before being eligible to receive free school meals.
There are also cases where the parent/guardian whose children may be eligible for free school meals is not on Housing Benefit/Council Tax Reduction, i.e. where they are not the householder. ~This is generally the case where the pupils’ parent/guardian lives in another household.