Computing at Friezland Primary School
‘A Family Committed to Making a Difference’
At Friezland Primary School we aim to develop well-rounded, resilient individuals who demonstrate mutual respect and tolerance and who have a positive impact on their community and the wider world. Our Curriculum is designed with this in mind. We aim to encourage a life-long love of learning and develop skills for life through the delivery of exciting, challenging and stimulating experiences within and beyond the classroom.
Our intention for the teaching of computing at Friezland is that every child should have the right to a curriculum that champions excellence; supporting pupils in achieving to the very best of their abilities. We understand the immense value technology plays not only in supporting the computing and whole school curriculum but overall in the day-to-day life of our school. We believe that technology can provide: enhanced collaborative learning opportunities; better engagement of pupils; easier access to rich content; support understanding of new concepts and can support the needs of all our pupils.
Our overall aims for computing at Friezland are to:
- Provide an exciting, rich, relevant and challenging Computing curriculum for all pupils.
- Enthuse and equip children with the capability to use technology throughout their lives
- Instil critical thinking, reflective learning and a ‘can do’ attitude for all our pupils, particularly when engaging with technology and its associated resources.
- Teach pupils to become responsible, respectful and competent users of data, information and communication technology.
- Teach pupils to understand the importance of governance and legislation regarding how information is used, stored, created, retrieved, shared and manipulated.
- Equip pupils with skills, strategies and knowledge that will enable them to reap the benefits of the online world, whilst being able to minimise risk to themselves or others.
- Use technology imaginatively and creatively to inspire and engage all pupils, as well as using it to be more efficient in the tasks associated with running an effective school.
- Provide technology solutions for forging better home and school links